Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Another Card for a Redhead!

The time is drawing near for the birthday of a sweet neighbor of mine who has red hair. Seems redheads always love oranges and golds and coppers, so today's card is all about that.

I got two new things that I am trying out on this card; (1) a Silhouette Cameo and (2) Martha Stewart Microbeads. I cut out a lattice pattern on the Cameo and put it up against a peachy background paper, then dusted it with gold glitter. The flowers are punched from a Stampin' Up Pansy punch, then covered with the microbeads. (If you go to the craft store and ask where the microbeads are, as I did, the store people may not know what you are talking about, but if you look in the Martha Stewart section, that is where they will be. Recollections at Michael's also carries some. Maybe this is a relatively new product that few have seen.) They are boosted up by pop dots and embellished with gold rhinestones and green die cut leaves. The butterfly (Spellbinders Papillon Two) is dusted with copper glitter and embellished with Viva Cream Liquid Pearls. I wish my camera picked up the sparkle of the glitters better, but that's just the way it is.

Here it is:


Closeup of the microbeads:


I am entering this card in the following challenges ending:

Nov 13 Always Anything Goes with a Twist UE
Nov 14 Sister Act Card Challenge - AG UE
Nov 15 613 Avenue Create - AAG
Nov 16 Artistic Inspirations Challenges - AG UE
Nov 16 Get Creative Challenges - AG 3E #2
Nov 17 Party Time Tuesdays - AG 3E #1
Nov 17 Through the Craft Room Door - AAG 2E #1
Nov 20 Sparkle 'n' Sprinkle - AG with Glitter
Nov 23 Not Just Cards - AG UE
Nov 25 Crafting by Designs - AG UE


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. I pray for God's highest and best to you today and every day, and that you would prosper and live at God's highest level for your life.

Many rich blessings,


Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT 

Acts 13:38-39
"Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins. Everyone who believes in him is declared right with God—something the law of Moses could never do."  NLT

10 comments:

  1. Gosh that's gorgeous! Love the microbeaded flowers! Gorgeous texture and colour. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are awesome, love the texture. Your neighbour would love this card, I'm sure, :D. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect from the beads. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card I love my cameo!! not tried the microbeads though. Thanks for joining our Get Creative Challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- what a sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door! Hope to see you again next week!
    I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Super bold colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at GetCreative challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card...I love those microbeads on your flowers...I have some that I got for more than a year now but have forgotten to use them. You sure inspired me to incorporate them in my project soon. Thank you for joining our Challenge last week at 613 Avenue Create and hope you join us again this week. Have an excellent day. God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous birthday card for your friend. Love the micro beads on your flowers (such a great idea). SO glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, and the microbeads. I still use mine- they are not new for sure, they are one of the first things I bought way back in the day when I started scrapbooking- like 10 years ago! Glad to see they are in vogue again though, I don't feel like such a hoarder ;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sparkle N Sprinkle for our Anything Goes Challenge! I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)