Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Every Day I Will Bless Thee GBCB-007

Do you ever start out with an idea and work at it for an hour or two trying different things that don't work, then end up with a completely different color scheme and layout for your finished project? I think that is why each card takes me so long. Each one kind of evolves and takes on a life of its own, sometimes not even remotely resembling what was envisioned in the beginning.

Such was today's card. What I finally ended up with was a white cardstock base. On top of that is a layer of cardstock that is sprayed with Krylon textured stone paint. This is neat stuff. It really does look like textured stone when you are done with it.

Next is a partial black circle with a partial white doily on top that has been punched out and embossed. The leaves are silver and have opal translucent glitter glue on them to make them sparkle. The yellow rose is rolled and also embellished with opal glitter glue.

The sentiment is printed from my computer and is mounted on yellow and black paper. A triple-looped silver bow completes the card.

And here it is:



A closeup of the rose and the textured paper and silver sparkly leaves:


These are the tools used to make the card:

Krylon:  Textured Stone Spray Paint
Spellbinders:  Spiral Blossom One
Paper Studio:  A2 Floral EF
Blue Hills Studio: Multi Shaper Punch: Lace, BHS616
Poppy Stamps:  Lorelai Leaf
Glitter Glue

I am entering this card at MFP Speedy TV and Word Art Wednesday.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT






6 comments:

  1. Yes Ginny this happens to me every time I sit down. Your card is beautiful, all the different textures, shapes and color.
    We like seeing your artwork thank you for posting your sweet project with us this week.
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me too and some thing just make the WPB rather than my blog! Yours looks great. Thanks for playing our FOSTV frame it challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty dear Ginny! I love the yellow and silver complimenting each other! Thank you for taking the time to visit me and leaving your sweet comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Ginny. Just look at that amazing deep yellow paper flower with the glitter. Just STUNNING! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and share your talents with us. It's such a tremendous blessing having you share with us and I praise God for you. May He bless you for it. I really appreciate you more than words can express. Have a wonderful week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny - this is a lovely card creation - lots of hard work and so beautiful! thanks for linking up with FOSTV this week - I wish you the best in the draw - enjoy your week! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I love the textured stone look and the multiple mats under your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)