Saturday, August 17, 2013

No Eye Has Seen... GBCB

I am entering another card at Joan's Gardens this week with the following guidelines:
  • 3 flowers out of vellum (or you can use flowers you purchased)
  • Colors - Golden Yellow and Violet
  • Mesh or tulle 
  • Stencil on paper  (if possible)
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens
I must say, this was a huge challenge for me. It became a series of trying things, some of which failed, and some of which worked. Starting out, I sponged some pink ink onto my yellow cardstock to make it more "golden." The golden yellow background cardstock was cut and covered with yellow tulle, then sprayed and sprinkled with crystal glitter. Next, the frames were made from a Spellbinders set my daughter got me for my birthday. They are mounted with dimensional stickies, as is the sentiment which is punched out. The edges of the sentiment are just barely colored with the paint used on the vellum flowers--just enough to make it pop a bit while mounted on the yellow frame. I got it from the internet somewhere, and it was part of a flowery scene, but since we were to make our own flowers, that part was not included. The flowers and greenery are cut from vellum. There were several inks I tried, but they were not really "violet," so there was a little set of paint markers in my drawer I had forgotten about, and the purple one seemed to be just the right color. The markers were used to color the greenery, also. The center of each flower is finished with a yellow piece cut from the same yellow cardstock as the backing and the inner frame, and a little yellow rhinestone in the center. I had made a bow out of tulle, but after all was said and done, it did not look good on the card, so that was replaced by a simple double-looped ribbon bow. This is finished off with a little Pippi butterfly cut from vellum and colored with the same paint marker as the flowers. Little iridescent purple rhinestones were glued to the body of the butterfly for some extra bling, and also glitter added to his wings. As for the stencil on paper element, if I had included that, it would have been just too, too much, don't you think? Since it was not an absolute requirement, I did not worry about it.


Here is the card:






I do wish the colors had come out truer. Although the yellow is pretty close to the right color, the flowers, frame and butterfly are much more of a violet color rather than the dark purple color which shows up in the picture. At least, that is how it appears on my monitor--maybe others view it differently. I am sure the lighting has a lot to do with it, because I took a picture of the card in different lighting and wow......  What a difference!  The flowers, frame and butterfly looked much more violet, but the yellow color was way off.  Whatcha gonna do????

Here is a closeup of the flowers:





And the butterfly:



Here are the products I used:

Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight (S5-148)
Memory Box Fabulous Phlox; Pippi Butterfly
EK Success Real Estate Sign Punch
Crayola Washable No Drip Paint Brush Pens
E-6000 Spray Glue
Zip Dry Glue
Bow Easy
Yellow Rhinestones
Violet Iridescent Rhinestones
Vellum
Tulle


In addition to entering this card at Joan's Gardens, I am also entering it at  Artistic Inspirations (Die Cut/Punches), Mark's Finest Papers (Glitter) and Word Art Wednesday (Anything Goes).

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT 

6 comments:

  1. Ginny,
    Amen. This is so vibrant. The colors and elements are beautiful.
    Thank you so much dropping in with your art today. Remember you can post up to five times which increases your opportunity to win. We hope you come back next week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny - thank you for stopping by FOSTV and entering the challenge - best wishes on the win and come back again on Monday for the new challenge - enjoy your week - Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous and I am so glad you explained all the trials you had making it as it makes me realise I am not the only one who battles!!! Thank you for playing along with this weeks Glitter challenge at FOSTV - a new one starts tomorrow so please come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card

    thank you so much for entering the challenge over at

    Artistic Inspirations blog

    luv kerrie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny, what a beautiful cheerful card. Your flowers look great too. Great job!!
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ginny this is simply beautiful!!! LOVE those flowers ... so, so pretty and dainty looking! And of course the butterfly is just adorable with all the sparkle! GREAT job ... thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)