Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oval Oval


This week I am submitting a card to Joan's Gardens which is another oval challenge; this one differs because we are to use double ovals.


Here are Joan's guidelines:
  • Use a plain background
  • Use a double oval
  • Use a sentiment
  • Use any color combination, but have at least 2
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens
  • Mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge

I am also entering this card at Word Art Wednesday. I thank them for the beautifully designed sentiment they gave us this week.

I really wanted to use some of the new things I got from Joan recently; I only have one oval die, and seems like it gets used every time we have an oval challenge. So to do things a bit differently this time, two ovals are cut out, one larger dark turquoise one, and a lighter turquoise one just a bit smaller. The die that has the sentiment is from Marianne Designs. These are glued onto a muted aqua background. Then, a leafy flourish is added with some blossoms, and a layered butterfly. Finally, I got to use my new Bow Easy which was purchased from Joan; the very small little double-looped bow at the bottom finishes off the design of the card.

Here is the card:



And here are the tools used to make the card:

  • Marianne Designs:  LR0272
  • Cheery Lynn:  Mini Fanciful Flourish (Right) B291
  • Bow Easy
  • EK Success Tools: Layered Butterfly

Items in blue may be purchased from Joan.


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

2 comments:

  1. Ginny, very pretty and very creative. I love how you did the ovals. Love the mixtures of colors.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)