Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's Never Too Late

One of my favorite quotes is by George Eliot: "It's never too late to be who you might have been."  It's so encouraging and spurs me on to reach higher and go farther.

I made a card this week using that quote and some Spellbinder and Memory Box dies, which is larger than I usually make; sometimes there is just not enough real estate on an A2 card, so this one is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2 ". Cream colored cardstock was used. The background is made from a brown paper lunch sack--the kind you get at the grocery store, and it is embossed with a basket weave EF.

Here are the tools used to make the card:

  • Spellbinders: Foliage, Carnation Creations, Basket Weave EF, Moroccan Accents, Nestabilities: Labels 22
  • LifestyleCrafts: Nesting Flowers
  • MemoryBox: Pippi Butterfly

And here is the card:




Ugh.  Not very attractive. This card looks totally clumsy and not what I want to give to anyone. In addition, the print on the sentiment appears to be rubbing off.  Not acceptable.

So I reworked the card into something I like much better.  Here is the transformed card:





I plan to enter this card in the Word Art Wednesday and Flutterby Wednesday challenges.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  I pray for God's highest and best for all who happen by here, both today and every day!

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful textures and lovely work here, Ginny. Your art is always a blessing to me, and I'm so grateful each and every time you play along with us.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,
    Textures, layers and colors.
    Its beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card - I love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)