Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Transparent

Monday was Day 98 at 365 Cards.  I am so stoked about this challenge because we get to use some form of transparent or semi transparent media.

What I used was a piece of acrylic that was once a part of packaging that one of my dies came in from an order a few months ago.  I ran it through a Spellbinders embossing folder and it made a great addition to a white on white card I made for a cousin of mine.  She recently went through a terrible tragedy right before Christmas, and I wanted to make her something special for her birthday.  She really loves white on white.

The card was a lot of fun to make.  I wish the embossed acrylic piece showed up better in the picture, but it did turn out nicely.  The acrylic piece is laid over a white on white dimensional piece, then two different ribbons were added.  Over that is a lace doily--the kind you can get at any craft store, or even the grocery store.  Some more flourishes were added; I put glitter glue on them to make them sparkle.  Next is a Spellbinders die (Moroccan Flourishes); on that I heat embossed in silver, "For You."  Next, each tip of the die cut I embellished with a rhinestone. Topping it off is a silver and white ribbon.

Here is the card:





Thank you for stopping by my blog.  As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Blessings,

Ginny B.

2 comments:

  1. Looks spectacular. The embossed acrylic really adds a nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Its just fantastic ! Totally love this card. Thank for playing along @ 365 cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)