Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blue and White with Sparkles

The Sunday challenge this week at 365 Cards was to take their simple layout and make a cute card from it.  Since I love blue and sparkles, I went through some of my papers and decided on a subtle blue/white/silvery background paper and blue and white striped companion paper.

I heat embossed the blue and white striped paper with a shimmery translucent sparkly powder.  The "hello" sentiment is heat embossed with a darker blue ink.  I ran the sentiment through my Spellbinder with a  Spellbinder die and cut half of the flourish off so that the right side was a plain circle.  The left side is dabbed with some blue in k, then white ink over that, then the same shimmery embossing powder as was on the blue and white striped paper.  Then it was heat embossed.  I let some of the powder get on the background paper, as well, so it has some extra shimmer to it.  The striped paper and the sentiment are attached with dimensional stickies, the "hello" higher than the ones above and below it.  Last, but not least, a white bow was added to the bottom to make it look a bit more fancy.  In the picture it looks kind of blue, but it is actually white.



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  As always, God's highest and best for you today and every day!

Blessings,

Ginny

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the monochromatic look. Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Ginny! Thank you for sharing it with us over at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, what an interesting take on the sketch! I am loving all the blues on this pretty card! Thank you so much for playing along with at 365 Cards!

    Cheers,
    DT Jenny
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty LOVE the pretty blues!!!! wonderful job. thanks soo much for playing along at 365 Cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet colours. and love the pretty swirls and bow :)
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)