Monday, March 25, 2013

Alter Something

This week at Joan's Gardens we have a new challenge with the following guidelines:
  • Use a square
  • Alter something...even if it is a card
  • Use flower paper...you can make it
  • You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card
So the hardest part for me is to use something that is altered.  I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. Days, even.  I tried some things that did not work, but finally came up with something I liked.

At a gift exchange a couple of weeks ago I got some little frames, but they were Halloween themed.  I don't do Halloween, and almost threw them away, but thought later that I could spray paint them, so now they are painted gold.  One of these is the element on the card that is altered, and also the square element.  It may be hard to find, but is underneath the rose, leaf flourishes and bow.

The base is pink cardstock attached with adhesive onto some ivory cardstock for the base.  The next layer is the pink rose and white flowered paper background, which was one of the requirements for the card.  The paper was not quite white, and not quite ivory, but since there was so much gold on the card, I opted for an ivory background for the main card base,  I used some gold ribbon to make a border along the bottom and also a bow tucked under the rose (Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One); the leaf flourishes are all from Spellbinders except the one on the right, which is the Fanciful Flourish die from Cheery Lynn.  The rose is from pink cardstock, cut from the Spiral Blossom die. Then before rolling it, I dabbed some gold ink onto the edges of it; the leaves are spray painted gold.  I also tucked in a spray of tiny gold dried flowers on the right.  All of the dies used in making this card can be purchased at Joan's Gardens.

Here is the finished product:


Thank you for stopping by my blog,  As always, God's highest and best blessings to you today and always.

Blessings,

Ginny

3 comments:

  1. Ginny, very pretty. Great altered idea.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love your flower and all the goodies behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutly LOVE how this came out. Your rose is just exquisite. I really love the little brown sprigs on this, and how you did your cording. BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)