Saturday, February 23, 2013

Black and White with Vellum

I was having so much fun with the challenge this week from Joan's Gardens that I wanted to try something else with the challenge.  The task was to create a card using vellum, polka dots and an oval.

I love the clean, crisp look of black and white.  The test for me is that the black not be so overpowering as to make the card look gloomy and depressing.  If you add a splash of bright yellow, that always makes the combination cheerful, but I wanted to stick with black and white only.

Here is the card:






I started out with black cardstock, then added a layer of white; then stacked a patterned square on top of another piece of black, then the vellum, which is embossed.  The oval is from Spellbinders, and the little sentiment is from Joann's.  The polka dot feature is in the ribbon.  The butterfly is another Spellbinders die (Wonderful Wings), and little pearls accent it.  The sentiment, the patterned paper and the butterfly are all elevated with foam stickies.

I was tempted to spray the whole thing with silver spray to make it sparkle, but opted to leave it just black and white only.  I am such a blinger, I have to restrain myself sometimes.  :o)

God's highest and best to you today and always.

Love,

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)